Hello and welcome to 2017! Here’s to this year being about 10,000 times better than 2016!
As you may have seen already, the Urban Decay Prep Prime Set Spring 2017 lineup has been released, and I’ve got a whole bunch of info about everything for you today. Most of the items in this release are new, and a couple are repackaged cult favorites.
New for this spring are four Complexion Primers which include Urban Defense, Optical Illusion, De-Slick and Self-Adjusting.
- Urban Defense Complexion Primer Broad Spectrum SPF 30 is a clear, smoothing primer with a sunscreen built in. It’s non-sticky and feels light on the skin. The SPF addition is great, but remember, you really need a lot more sunscreen on your face than you think to actually get good coverage, so you can’t rely solely on a primer or foundation with SPF in it. Use this in addition to a moisturizer with SPF or straight SPF.
- Optical Illusion Complexion Primer is a smoothing, pore perfecting primer that totally blurs “imperfections”with rosehip and argan oil.
- De-Slick Complexion Primer has a lightweight, pore-minimizing, mattifying formula which also controls shine.
- Self-Adjusting Complexion Primer has a soft focus finish, adapting pigments which adapt to your skin tone and controls shine.
- De-Slick Makeup Setting Spray (new packaging) extends makeup wear, has a matte finish and controls shine.
- All Nighter Makeup Setting Spray (new packaging) helps keep makeup from fading and melting for up to 16 hours.
- Chill Makeup Spray (new packaging) hydrates skin, helps it look dewy and keeps makeup on for up to 12 hours.
- B6 Vitamin-Infused Complexion Prep Priming Spray (new packaging) absorbs oil, balances and evens out skin and includes vitamins.
- Quick Fix Hydra-Charged Complexion Prep Priming Spray minimizes pores, replaces lost moisture and brightens and smooths skin.
And there you have it! I have been using the Self-Adjusting Complexion Primer and B6 Prep Priming Spray a lot this past week and really liking both. The Self-Adjusting Primer in particular creates such a nice soft focus on my skin, I LOVE it! And I just like spraying stuff onto my face during the day to give my skin a boost, so the B6 Spray or Quick Fix Spray works great for that. I honestly rarely ever use a makeup setting spray because I hardly ever need my makeup to last and last and last, but I really do want to test out the 12 or 16 hour ones and see how they do with my eye makeup in particular. I seem to always have eyeliner and/or eyeshadow melting and creasing issues after about 11 or 12 hours, so whenever I actually wear makeup for that long (which is like, never), I shall test them out!
Is there anything in this new lineup you are interested in?