Urban Decay Naked Skin Color Correcting Fluid has been out for awhile but I have only been using them for a few weeks and now I’ve got my thoughts for ya!
First off here are the basics about these. These are creamy “concealers” that come in 5 color-correcting shades. They have a special pigment technology which gives a smooth and even application. They are infused with subtle pearlescent pigments to help perfect skin and they also include vitamin C and vitamin E. The applicator is a flat, double-sided flocked sponge.
- Yellow helps conceal purple-hued dark circles or brightens lackluster complexions.
- Lavender balances out sallowness and helps neutralize skin with a yellow undertone.
- Pink disguises dark circles, especially on light skin tones. Also works as a highlighter.
- Peach works for helping with dark circles, dark spots, veins and discoloration. Ideal for blue-hued circles.
- Green counteracts spot redness, including blemishes and broken blood vessels.
I’ve mainly been using a combination of Pink and Peach to help cover my dark purple-ish circles and give me some brightening under the eye. A little goes a long way and it’s very creamy and easy to blend into the skin. I find that using my finger works better than the applicator, which seems to give me too much product. Plus since I am using both Pink and Peach, I just wipe some on the back of my hand and blend them together, then dab onto my under-eye area with my finger.
I have found that even with a light application they do settle into fine lines a little bit, but compared to many other concealer products, it’s a very minor amount of settling. And once I have blended out that initial settling, it doesn’t seem to do it anymore throughout the day. This combination definitely helps brighten my dark under-eye area, but of course doesn’t eliminate everything completely (nothing does.)
Do you use color correcting concealers ever? Do you find they help much?