Pixi Favourites includes some new and some not-so-new-but-new-to-me items that I have for you today.
Many of these items have been tried and true products for the brand for awhile like the Correction Concentrate, Large Lash Mascara and Natural Brow Duo. However, Gilded Garnet Nail Colour, Lash & Brow Brush and Flat Liner Brush are new items.
Here is the rundown of the products:
- Nail Colour in Gilded Garnet – A deep red with tons of gold shimmer
- Large Lash Mascara in Bold Black – A buildable formula with an over-sized brush that give volume and length.
- Natural Brow Duo in Natural Brown – A 2-in-1 brow pencil that has a waterproof tapered brow pencil on one end and a soft-hold brow gel on the other.
- Correction Concealer in Brightening Peach – A colour-correcting cream that brightens and helps erase darkness under the eyes.
- Lash & Brow Brush – A spoolie which can be used for brows or lashes.
- Flat Liner Brush – Can be used to dab on the Correction Concentrate or with a gel liner.
Natural Brown is the lightest of three Natural Brow Duo shades (the others are Deep Brunette and Soft Black.) At first I felt like this was way too hard to ever work well. But when I actually tried it in my brows, I really liked it. It’s not as hard as you think but because it isn’t super soft, it creates a more realistic looking brow. Sometimes I find pencils too creamy which results in a smudged kind of blurry looking brow, which is never good. This gave me more of an effect of little hairs, and it doesn’t look overdone. As far as the color, it’s a nice cool-toned taupe shade, which as you know, I prefer.
Bold Black Mascara is a nice jet black. It did a good job of adding some volume and length to my lashes without clumping. I am not a fan of larger brushes generally, although this one isn’t as large as some (like those old Urban Decay mascaras – yikes!)
Brightening Peach Correction Concentrate is supposed to be a universal apricot-peach shade. It does help lighten my dark under-eye area decently. It does feel kind of thick, so I like using it over an under-eye moisturizer so it spreads out more easily, without tugging. I don’t normally use this kind of product plus a concealer because then there is too much potential for cakiness, but this works nicely by itself for me.
Gilded Garnet is a really stunning shade! It looks very different in the bottle, more of a brown/gold than a deep red/gold. On the nails you see a dark reddish brown base with gold and red shimmery bits. It reminds me a bit of glowing embers. Pretty! This had a great formula and was only two coats.
Is there anything here you already love or want to try out?
Note: Cruelty free