The Hourglass 1.5MM Mechanical Gel Eye Liner is a brand new product and I’ve got the deets for ya this afternoon.
It’s billed as the thinnest, softest, waterproof gel liner in a pencil form. Here are more product claims:
- The precision 1.5mm tip ensures effortless control, and allows for lining in between lashes.
- The unique formula, poured into a slim mechanical component, has the malleability, intensity and staying power of a traditional gel. No pot, no brush, no clean-up required.
- The waterproof, transfer-proof and long-lasting formula delivers extended wear.
- The supple, moisturizing formula glides on smoothly and dries quickly.
- Two clicks is all you need to line the eye. Each advanced mechanical pencil lasts for approximately 17 to 20 uses.
- Only dispense product as needed – mechanical pencil does not retract.
- Free of phthalates, sulfates, talc and gluten. No animal testing.
- Ophthalmologist tested.
Obsidian is a nice jet black. It definitely feels very smooth and creamy. It applied very easily without any tugging of the skin. I tried it on my upper eyelid, upper waterline and lower waterline on two different occasions.
Unfortunately this product just didn’t work for me very well. This is after about 6 hours of wear. But that’s not the worst part. It started smearing like this within 1 hour of applying it. I was cleaning it up about every 30 minutes all day long up until I took this photo. Also it didn’t last for more than an hour on my lower waterline before it mostly wore off. It did stay on the upper lid area over a primer ok, but it did start smearing on the inner corners a bit, which is more of a watery area for me.
So waterproof? Yeah no, I definitely didn’t experience that at all. In fact, this is one of the smeariest liners I have used in a long time!
I have heard some people had a good experience with this liner though, so maybe it just depends on how watery your eyes are. I wouldn’t say mine are all that watery though, but will admit that hardly any liner lasts on my lower waterline for more than a couple hours at the most anyway. But the smearing was just really awful for me.
Note: Cruelty free