Today is my 42nd birthday. Hard to believe, but it’s true.
Rather than wallowing in the fact that I am getting older and more wrinkled as every day goes by (which would be VERY easy for me to do) I shall instead list some things I am very thankful for so far in this lifetime.
- I was born to some really great parents who rather than ever pressure me into doing things that weren’t “me” they supported me, no matter what I chose.
- I met Mr. VV during a very tumultuous time in my life and luckily for me, he was the calming factor in everything. It’s great to be married to someone you actually LIKE as a person and feel like you are friends with.
- My step-daughter, who is nearly 16 now, is a really amazing, cool person. She’s not the super moody, surly teen I was (thank god) and we have lots of fun together.
- I am still good friends with many people I have known since either childhood or the teen years, and I am very grateful for them all.
- I somehow managed to go to college and get a B.A. in English, which I wasn’t ever sure would happen when I was in and out of high school.
- I’ve gained some pretty extensive skills in my years of working at various companies and in different jobs. Skills that could easily transfer to any job.
- I have really nurtured my more creative side since I started blogging and that makes me very happy because it’s something I always wanted to do.
- I am extremely lucky that I am able to blog for a job. It’s not perfect, in fact many days it’s like any other job one might get sick of, but I never forget how lucky I am to have the choice to do this every day.
- I’ve been surrounded by so many great cats and dogs (and fish and a hamster) since I was very young and that is one of the most important things to me. I love my pets like family!
- Books. Ah books. I have been an avid reader since age 4 and seriously cannot even fathom the concept of not being a reader. It’s like breathing to me.
- Music is very much the same way as books for me. I grew up listening to music. My life is a soundtrack. Nothing brings me back to an exact moment in time like a song or whole album can. I can’t live without it.
- This might sound silly but TV and movies are also what I consider “friends of mine”. There are certain shows that I swear have changed my life (me and Mr. VV bonded over Seinfeld before we were ever even together) and movies I could get sucked into over and over again.
- As one gets older one experiences more annoying health issues. But even though I have had bad health things from time to time, they have always passed, and I am grateful that I don’t have any serious ongoing health problems.
- And last but not least, I am very thankful for all of you being in my life these past almost 6 years. I have made some genuine friends and many acquaintances because of this blog, and it’s been an amazing ride thus far!
Now I am going to chill out for the rest of the day, eat some great Italian food later on for dinner and NOT think about my wrinkles. 😉