Happy Friday folks! I hope you had a great week and will be having an even better weekend!
By now you have probably caught on that I am rather lazy about makeup lately. When you work from home it just seems like such a pointless task to get all dolled up for your cats and dog! But there are days when I would like to do a quick 5-minute face so that I don’t scare the people of Trader Joe’s with my makeup-less-ness, so I do the very basics. The basics for me include the following.
- Moisturizer with SPF – I like Simple brand from Target or Clinique.
- Eye cream – currently using one from Tarte.
- BB Cream – sometimes I do forgo even this step though, if I am extra, EXTRA lazy.
- Black mascara – I have quite a few mascaras I really like so I cycle through them depending on my mood.
- Hint of blush – usually a bright pink or coral. I find that a bright pop of blush really helps when the rest of my face is colorless.
- Fill in eyebrows – I always use the Benefit Gimmie Brow fiber-gel on lazy days because it’s perfect for getting a little color and shape, and it takes just a minute to apply.
- Concealer – the Portfolio Professional Corrector in Normal from Lise Watier is my current fav because it doesn’t settle into fine lines that much.
- Lip balm – Jack Black baby, Jack Black.
- Eyelid primer – my go-to ones are Too Faced Shadow Insurance and Milani Eye Primer.
So that last step of adding an eye primer is a new one for me. I discovered that my eyelids look SO MUCH better when I have evened them out with a primer. Even if I have no intention of using eyeshadow, I add a primer. My lids tend to be very reddish/purpleish and blotchy. As soon as that primer is on, it evens everything out and actually brightens up my whole eye and face area. And this isn’t using one of the shimmery or tinted ones, this is just the plain ‘ole invisible type like Milani Eye primer or Too Faced Shadow Insurance. Love this discovery!
Do you use an eye primer even when not using eyeshadow?