I recently joined a Top Ten Tuesdays group and this time around the category we chose was favorite red lipsticks!
You might think this was a fairly easy post to do since I love red lipsticks, own a zillion of them and recently did a 22 Days of Red Lipstick series. But actually it was much harder to pick than I thought it would be!
So for my final choices I went with some that have been faves for a really long time and some newer ones that I have been into as of late. But with the exception of a few classic MAC ones, they are always changing.
1. MAC RiRi Woo ($15) – Yes it’s sold out now but it’s a really great red shade. It is indeed a bit different than the classic Ruby Woo as you can see in my review here. I think this will be a fave of mine for many years to come.
2. Milani Red Label ($5.49) – Why is this so great? Well because it has an amazing formula, is a beautiful shade and it’s very easy to find at drugstores (well one would hope anyway) and inexpensive!
3. Revlon Fire & Ice ($6.99) – Another classic that has actually been around far longer than any of these others (since the 1950’s). I never wore Fire & Ice until a few years ago but it’s definitely worth checking out.
4. MAC Ruby Woo ($15) – Ahhhh Ruby Woo is the bomb dot com! Such a pretty cool-toned matte red. I’ve been wearing it for (almost) two decades now.
5. Buxom Scoundrel ($21) – This is a newer one but beautiful nonetheless. The formula is moisturizing and it’s incredibly pigmented. Definitely check out Buxom Lipsticks if you haven’t yet.
6. MAC Russian Red ($15) – This is probably my favorite red lipstick on earth and will remain that way. I can’t say enough things about how much I love the shade and the finish. Utterly fabulous.
7. NYX Pure Red ($5.99) – This is an excellent tomato red shade and the price is spot-on as well. It has a really nice formula that doesn’t feel cheap and it’s comfortable to wear as well.
8. MAC Ronnie Red ($15) – I hate mentioning this one sometimes because I feel so GUILTY! This was a limited edition shade and it’s the one it seemed most people wanted when I did my red lipstick series in December. Sorry! It’s a fabulous pink/red matte and hopefully they will reincarnate it one day soon!
9. Urban Decay F-Bomb ($22) – The name says it all doesn’t it? Great shade. Great formula. Great pigmentation. Easy to find. Perfection.
10. NARS Majella ($25) – I love these Satin Lip Pencils and Majella is a perfect classic cool-toned red. It’s super creamy and moisturizing, easy to draw on the lips because of the fat pencil and it’s comfortable and shiny.