Listen up! a.dorn Nail Paint has a bunch of new shades out now and I’ve got some of them for you today.
I reviewed a couple of their shades awhile back and really liked them. The company is a small one that specializes in vegan, toxic-free and cruelty-free polishes. They are eco-conscious as well, manufacturing and bottling their polishes in California where they are based, and they also upcycle and recycle their packaging and store displays.
The new shades are as follows:
- Carpe Noctem– an inky black with the barest hint of silver shimmer
- Beautiful and Damned– a deep oxblood red crème
- Ashes to Ashes– a dark gray creme with olive undertones and a shiny finish
- Jealous Much?– a jewel toned emerald with a bit of a metallic swirl
- Vive Le Coquette- a chalky baby pink
- Sunburned and Broke– a bright hot pink crème with peach undertones
- Olive You Long Time– a light olive khaki crème, almost a pastel olive
- All That Glitters- a micro glitter 3 dimensional gold sheer
- Tipsy Gypsy– our first ever fully 3-D glitter of pink, blue and green sparkles
- Ridgefiller Basecoat– a nail treatment ridgefiller that is opaque white, makes a great basecoat for sheers or neons or can be worn alone
Olive You Long Time is a light, soft olive green creme. This is a really nice color and I like the fact that is is lighter because we usually see deeper olive cremes. You know me and olive shades! This had a great formula and covered in just two coats.
Ashes to Ashes is a deep charcoal grey creme. Lovely, creamy and shiny. Great smooth formula and opaque with just two coats.
Jealous Much? is a deep, shimmery emerald green metallic. So pretty! In the bottle you can see a silvery metallic shade throughout but on the nail it comes out perfectly smooth and lovely. You do have to be a little careful and use thinner coats otherwise it wants to leave some brush marks. This was two coats.
Carpe Noctem is a deep black with lots of silver micro-glitter. I was rather impressed with how dark of a black this one is and how sparkly it looks with all that silver. This only took two coats.
Overall: Great stuff! I liked each and every one of these shades and the formula is really quite good. All managed to be fully opaque in just two coats, which is always a huge bonus for me because I never felt the need to add a third coat, like I usually do. I think the most unique shade here is probably Olive You Long Time, but truly they are all pretty shades.
Pricing: $11.00 for 0.5 oz.
Have you tried anything from a.dorn yet? Which of these are you loving?
Note: Cruelty free