Welcome to my new site! Things look a bit different around here right?
I had been feeling the need for a radical change to my site design lately and wanted to get things kind of “back to the basics” of blogging. With my last site there was a photo slideshow, photo gallery and all these bells and whistles that quite frankly, no one really used, and I felt they just took away from the actual content. So now we are stripped down, cleaner, more open and simple!
Another reason for the re-design is I really wanted to create a logo and design around the name of my site. The word “vampy” was actually first used in the 1940’s and I love retro designs, so I wanted to incorporate that into my new logo and design. One of the exciting things about this design is that an old family friend who has been a graphic designer for 25 years created my logo. Her name is Sandy and she’s at Sandra Cooper Design . She perfectly captured what I was looking for in terms of design, font and colors. Then my cousin, who has worked in advertising for 30+ years, helped to create my tagline. It felt like I was in an episode of Mad Men! With less cigarettes and drinking (haha).
Cre8d Design worked on the overall website design and I love how it came out and tied together the logo with everything else so nicely. This is my third time using them for web design and I highly recommend them!
Here are some great new features:
- My photos are now 750 wide from 575 wide previously
- I simplified the top menu into cleaner-looking drop-down lists for “About” and “Brands”
- We kept links to my most popular posts in the side bar in a really cute retro style
- The “Beauty Shorts” section is still on the sidebar, just lower
- I added an Instagram slider on the sidebar as well
- You can find where to follow me on social media in the sidebar at the top
- You can easily share posts via Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest and Google+ at the bottom of each post
- Sign up for an email subscription in the sidebar (at the top) quick and easily
- It’s a “responsive design” which means when you shrink your window size it just shrinks down with it, so there is no separate mobile version
I hope you enjoy the new site and as always, let me know if you run into anything that doesn’t work or looks strange.