Korres Volcanic Ash Minerals Volumizing Mascara in Obsidian Black is a mascara formulated with volcanic minerals which are supposed to give you a super black color with no flaking.
The scoop and ingredients:
- Minerals derived from volcanic soil provide a rich pigmentation for a dark, sooty look
- A cotton extract composed of 7 rare polymers to help condition lashes
- A blend of vegetal waxes, thyme extract, quackgrass and marine algae extracts help condition lashes
- Explosive volume increases lash magnitude by up to 600%
- Natural film formers create a flexible yet strong film that coats every lash without smudging or flaking
The brush has cross-hatch bristles which are supposed to give you a clump-free application and reach the tiniest lashes.
So does it really do all this?
Well not really. Don’t get me wrong, it does do some of what it says.
It’s a nice jet black color, but I’m not sure it’s the blackest black on earth. Hard to tell really, most black mascaras look like black mascaras to my eye.
It does lengthen and give me a bit of volume as well, but nothing super crazy. It actually was much more on the tame side for me compared to say Too Faced Better Than Sex or Benefit They’re Real.
It does have a softer feel to it, which is nice. My lashes didn’t feel hard when it dried, and they seemed a little fluttery. No clumps either.
I didn’t experience any smudging or flaking through the day, so that’s a bonus!
Overall: It’s ok, definitely not my favorite mascara. In all honesty I really prefer the newer style plastic mascara brushes because they work much better on me. This is nice and black, and did give me a fluttery look, but my lashes didn’t POP like I wanted them to. It would be good for the person who wants a really subtle look or doesn’t like much makeup but needs a little somethin’ somethin’.
Pricing: $20.00 for 0.27 oz.
Do you prefer a more subtle mascara like this or one that gives you major volume and thickness?
Note: Not cruelty free