NARS Radiant Creme Compact Foundation is a brand new item that comes in a wide variety of shades – 20 in all!
This is a creamy foundation that provides medium to full, buildable liquid-like coverage. You can use it wet or dry and it comes in a portable compact.
- SIBERIA: Light with neutral balance of pink and yellow undertones
- MONT BLANC: Light with pink undertone
- GOBI: For Asian skin Light with yellow undertone
- DEAUVILLE: Light with neutral balance of pink and yellow undertones
- FIJI: Light with yellow undertone
- CEYLAN: For Asian skin Light-medium with yellow undertone
- PUNJAB: Medium with golden, peachy undertone
- VALLAURIS (New): Medium with pink undertone
- SANTA FE: Medium with peachy undertone
- STROMBOLI: Medium with olive undertone
- BARCELONA: Deeper Medium with golden, peachy undertone
- SYRACUSE: Medium – dark with brown undertone
- TAHOE: Medium – dark with caramel undertone
- CADIZ: Medium – dark with caramel and red undertone
- MACAO: Medium – dark with deep yellow undertone
- NEW GUINEA: Dark with red undertone
- TRINIDAD: Dark with warm, yellow undertone
- NEW ORLEANS: Dark with yellow undertone
- BENARES: Dark with golden undertone
- KHARTOUM: Dark with espresso undertone
This is how a shade comes
Pop open the top to see foundation
Take off detachable foundation lid
The compact has a slot on the left for the foundation and one on the right for an applicator sponge
Here it is filled
Large mirror inside as well
19 shades in order as listed above (I am missing Gobi)
Siberia, Mont Blanc, Deauville, Fiji, Ceylan
Punjab, Vallarius, Santa Fe, Stromboli, Barcelona
Syracuse, Tahoe, Cadiz, Macao, New Guinea
Trinadad, New Orleans, Benares, Khartoum
I tried out a couple of these and found that Fiji matches my skin really nicely. These are definitely super creamy and you get really nice buildable coverage from them. They apply really smoothly and blend into the skin easily. I used them with a dry application and the sponge they come with. I’m not a huge fan of the sponge because it smelled kind of chemical-y to me and it’s harder to get it blended in smaller areas like your nose, etc.
They set to a slightly dewey finish, which I like. They feel comfortable and fairly light on my skin and I don’t look like I’m wearing tons of makeup, yet everything I don’t want showing is covered.
About the packaging. On the one hand it’s a cool idea on the other I kind of don’t love it. The compact is a bit large for what’s inside, so it makes it a little more cumbersome. When I snapped my shade into place inside, it doesn’t really fit completely snug it moves around a little and seems loose (I tried a few and they all did that). And if you won’t be using the sponge applicator half the compact is a waste. Also it’s only 0.42 oz of product in each one, so that is a bit small.
Overall: I like the foundation itself, it offered me great coverage and a really nice finish. The compact for me feels too large and bulky (although it is really lightweight) in general though.
What do you think about this style compact for foundation?
Note: Cruelty free