Whilst I was basking, or rather melting, in the hot Florida sun for eight days, I was testing out some new sunscreen products from Supergoop.
If you don’t know, Supergoop has a pretty nice wide range of SPF products and they are cruelty free. They have everything from lotions or sprays to serums to creams. They have products for face, body, eyes and lips. Many of their products contain anti-aging and antioxidants inside as well and all three of these are paraben and oxybenzone-free.
SPF 30 Anti-Aging City Sunscreen Serum
The SPF 30 City Sunscreen Serum is a new product and one I wore for my entire trip.
- Vitamins E and B5 aid nutrient absorption and cell renewal, reducing the look of fine lines and wrinkles
- Hydrovotin 24 stimulates the skin’s natural moisturizing agent so that the skin stays hydrated and well moisturized without the need of a heavy-duty cream
- Uniprotect PT-3 stimulates the skin’s antioxidant pathways and natural enzymatic repair system
- Smooths fine lines and wrinkles
- Protects from IRA (infrared rays) – PA+++ for highest UVA protection
- Reduces UV-induced redness and skin discoloration
- Hydrates and moisturizes to promote healthy, youthful skin
- Free of oxybenzone*, parabens, and fragrances
I love, love, love this stuff! It is a really light, white serum and immediately sinks into my skin. There is no white, ghost-like look to my skin. It has no scent and doesn’t feel heavy or greasy. I never had to blot myself down during the day because of oil either. No break-outs for me either, which is great because sometimes I do break out using new face products.
I wore it under my favorite Skin79 BB Cream and it worked perfectly with it. I saw zero signs of burning or tanning my whole trip.
SPF 37 Advanced Anti-Aging Eye Cream
The SPF 37 Advanced Anti-Aging Eye Cream is another new product and one I used every day.
- Our patent-pending formula is clinically proven to make skin look younger in just 4 weeks
- 100% of consumers felt the skin around their eyes was more moisturized
- 87% of consumers felt their eyes looked brighter and more well rested
- 75% saw an improvement in skin elasticity and firmness
- Reduces the appearance of under eye puffiness, fine lines, and wrinkles
- Immediately soothes and cools the skin around the eyes with a cool tip applicator
- Makes you look and feel energized, bright-eyed, and bushy-tailed
- Ophthalmologist tested and approved for contact lens wearers and non-contact lens wearers
100% natural oat peptide complex stimulates collagen production and hydration; our oat peptide formula is non-allergenic, non-gluten, and non-wheat, making it a very safe formula for sensitive skin
This stuff is really great. This is my first experience using an SPF for eyes specifically (I think) and I like knowing that I have that *extra* protection around the super sensitive eye area.
The applicator is fantastic! It’s a cold metal applicator that feels really nice against the skin. You do have to be careful not to squeeze too much out or you can wind up with a white raccoon look around your eyes. It feels nice and moisturizing and never dripped or got into my eyes, even after a couple water rides where I got soaked.
SPF Antioxidant Infused Sunscreen Mist with Vitamin C
The SPF Antioxidant Infused Sunscreen Mist with Vitamin C is a light-weight mist sunscreen, which you can apply to wet or dry skin.
- Provides complete broad-spectrum protection for a full 80 minutes in water, with 35% less alcohol than other leading sunscreen sprays
- 100% oxybenzone-free*, unlike most leading sunscreen sprays; also free of parabens and fragrances
- Delivers antioxidant-fueled hydration that nourishes and moisturizes
- Will never dry you out or leave an oily residue
- Instantly goes to work upon application
- A leak-proof travel twist lock for easy closure
- Our special patent-pending Vitamin C formula penetrates the skin immediately and goes right to work upon application
- Vitamin C enriches the skin with a more radiant, healthy appearance, preventing free radical and environmental damage
- 100% natural oils provide a fresh and light citrus scent
This was a pretty nice spray, though normally I prefer lotions. Sprays are definitely great to take with you though and use for re-applying on the go because they are quicker, easier and less messy than a lotion. The can is small, lightweight and easy to pack up.
It smells lightly of citrus which is a nice change from most sprays, which just smell like sunscreen or chemicals. It doesn’t feel oily or look oily on the skin, which is a great bonus. I like that it contains all the extra goodies like vitamin C and antioxidants also because it makes me feel like I am doing something extra good for my skin. 🙂
We used this a few times and never had any pink skin or tanning (or freckles) appear anywhere, so it definitely does the job!
Overall: The City Sunscreen Serum and SPF 37 Eye Creams are not inexpensive but I don’t mind so much because they both felt like a really nice luxurious skin product with an extra added bonus of SPF. I liked all three of these and most definitely would use them all and buy them! If I had to choose my favorite of the three I would go with the City Sunscreen Serum.
Pricing: Serum ($42 for 1.7 oz), Eye Cream ($45 for 0.5 oz), Spray ($19.00 for 6 oz).
Have you tried any sunscreens from Supergoop?
Note: Cruelty free