NARS Radiant Creamy Concealers are new this spring and let me tell you something – these are the first concealers in a long time that actually play nicely with my pesky fine lines. It’s pretty much a miracle.
They come in ten shades and are very pigmented and creamy. They have light diffusing technology which helps blur imperfections and fine lines, and evens out skin tone. Just a dab will do ya, trust me!
They are also crease-proof, long-wear, non-comedogenic, paraben-free and fragrance-free.
- Chantilly – True ivory shade for fairest complexions
- Vanilla – Tiny cast of pink for the fair complexion
- Honey – Warm peach tone for light to medium complexion
- Custard – Yellow tone for light to medium complexion
- Ginger – Golden undertone for medium complexion
- Biscuit – Medium dark natural balance of pink and yellow undertones
- Caramel – Medium dark yellow and golden undertones
- Amande – Medium dark with golden olive undertones
- Cafe – Dark shade with warm red undertones
- Cacao – Dark shade with deep gold-brown undertones
I tested two of the shades out over a period of two days and was really rather impressed.
First off I tested Vanilla, since normally I am the second lightest shade of foundation or concealer in any line. I think Vanilla was too pink for me (I have more yellow undertones) but in terms of the lightness, it worked. Just a really small amount goes a long way with this stuff, which is great. And it is build-able as well. I always wear any under-eye concealer or brightener over MAC Fast Response Eye Cream because it gives nice moisture and a “slip” that my under-eye area needs, as it tends to be a bit dry there. So I did notice some very mild creasing within about 15 minutes, which is usually when concealer settles on me the most. But it was much less than other concealers and it didn’t get worse during the day at all!
The next day I decided to try Custard since it has yellow undertones. Initially it seemed WAY too yellow/orange but after I patted it in, it actually completely disappeared. The same slight creasing happened after 10-15 minutes, which I just lightly patted away and it lasted all day with no other creasing or flaking.
Overall: I would say 95% of the time I don’t even wear concealer because nearly all of them just crease too much for me and I wind up looking older, not younger. I tend to stick to just a pink brightener in the corners of my eyes. But I can honestly say this one worked pretty well for me and it just might get me back to wearing concealer. 🙂
Pricing: $28.00 for 0.22 oz.
Are these concealers you would try? Do you currently have a favorite one?
Note: NARS is cruelty free.