Yesterday I posted the fabulous new Sugarpill Heart Breaker Eyeshadow Palette. This beauty features four vivid eyeshadow shades.
I think maybe a lot of you feel how I feel sometimes when looking at these bright shades. “How the hell can I wear colors this bright and not look like a clown?” Believe me, I feel the same way a lot of times! Especially as I get older. I want to avoid at all costs looking like one of those women who looks like they are trying to look younger. No thanks!
Acidberry, Velocity, 2am, Mochi
I see Sugarpill re-tweet some seriously amazing looks people do wearing their eyeshadows and pigments, and while I absolutely love them, they just all aren’t for me. I’m not an over-the-top person when it comes to makeup. I love bright colors, but don’t feel like myself when wearing them all at once, or in a really dramatic way.
Just like not all clothing trends are for every person, not all makeup trends are either. But I did a look today using three of the four shadows in this palette and it’s bright, summery and fun, but wearable.
For this look I used the following:
- Sugarpill Mochi all over lower lid
- Sugarpill Velocity on upper and lower eyes as liner
- Sugarpill Acidberry on inner corner
- MAC Vanilla under brow
- Clinique Intense Midnight liner on lower waterline (still testing this out)
- Anastasia Brow Powder in Medium Ash
- Benefit They’re Real Mascara
- Sibu Beauty Daytime Facial Cream (still testing this out)
- Physicians Formula Mineral Wear Talc-Free Airbrushing Pressed Powder SPF 30 (still testing this out)
- MAC Powder Blush in Peony-Petal
- Merle Norman Lip Polish in Mademoiselle (still testing this out)
So do you think you could wear something like this? Do bright eye looks terrify you?
Note: Sugarpill is cruelty free.