Lookie what just landed on my desk! MAC Fashion Sets is a new limited edition collection for those who are super color coordinated. Or just sometimes want to be. 😉
This collection was created from the most popular shades across the globe. MAC decided to create a three piece collection from seven of their famous lip products. Each set contains a lipstick, lipglass and nail lacquer.
Here are the top selling shades and countries where they rank #1:
- Spice – a best-selling lip pencil in Canada, Brazil, Italy, Mexico, UK, Venezuela, Chile, Peru, Argentina, Philippines, Singapore, Spain, Portugal, Thailand, India, Saudi Arabia, Jordan, Kuwait, Bahrain, Lebanon, Oman, United Arab Emirates and Travel Retail.
- Myth – #1 selling lipstick in Russia, Ukraine, Poland, Estonia and Finland.
- Russian Red – #1 selling lipstick in Australia, New Zealand, Switzerland, Spain, Portugal, Austria, Singapore and Venezuela.
- Snob – #1 selling lipstick in Brazil, Mexico, Chile, Peru, Argentina and Travel Retail.
- Chestnut – #1 selling lip pencil in the US.
- Rebel – Deep wine cult fav.
- Girl About Town – A popular go-to bright fuchsia!
Myth, Snob, Girl About Town, Russian Red (Lipglass)
Myth is a neutral nude shade that leans a bit peach/coral on my skin. I don’t love the lip line settling this shade does on me in this form.
Snob is a neutral light pink. Pretty shade, but again with the lip line settling.
Girl About Town is a blue-based bright fuchsia. Love it!!!!! Shimmery and vivid. Perfect for this season.
Russian Red is a neutral red. Super bright, super red, super glossy. Gorgeous.
Girl About Town
Myth, Snob, Girl About Town, Russian Red (Lipstick)
Myth lipstick (satin) is a really pale peach/nude shade on me. It nearly blanks out my lips in person. Not my fav on me.
Snob lipstick (satin) is a very pretty lavender looking pink.
Girl About Town lipstick (amplified) is a deeper shade of pink than the lipglass is. So pretty and shiny, I love this one.
Russian Red is my favorite red lipstick ever. Utter perfection.
Girl About Town
Myth lipstick & lipglass, Snob lipstick & lipglass, Girl About Town Lipstick & lipglass, Russian Red lipstick & lipglass
Myth nail lacquer is a nude/beige creme. This was streaky and uneven. Even after three coats I couldn’t get it perfect. Too matchy matchy for my skin tone but would look better on darker ones I think.
Snob nail lacquer is a medium pink creme. This was a little sheer and I needed three coats. Still uneven though.
Girl About Town
Girl About Town nail lacquer is a bright fuchsia creme. Pretty shade and nice even application. I only used two coats.
Russian Red nail lacquer is a bright red creme. If you are looking for a classic red nail lacquer, this one would be a great choice! Nice formula, even and just two coats.
Overall: I don’t normally do matching colors of anything, but I do occasionally like the idea of matching lips and nails. I really love Girl About Town and Russian Red for the lipstick, lipglass and nail lacquers. Myth and Snob are harder to pull off colors I think, and the nail lacquers were fairly patchy.
Availability: MAC starting in May. This is limited edition and will run through June 28th.
Pricing: $14.50 (Lipglass), $14.50 (Lipstick), $16.00 (Nail Lacquer).
Do you ever do a matching set of makeup? Which of these shades tempts you?