New this spring from Deborah Lippmann are Magnet Nail Lacquer Sets.
There are two sets, each one featuring two magnetic nail lacquers and a wave magnet pattern.
Nails Of Steel features Big Red Machine and Physical Attraction. Steal My Kisses includes Berry Metal and Love Is A Battlefield.
I have to say, these are the best magnetic polishes I have tried to date. The magnet works IMMEDIATELY and in a really crisp nice pattern. Some I have tried were a little blurry or took long to “process”. These were pretty much perfection.
As you can see the magnet you use has a little curved plastic area so you can rest it on your cuticle to get the magnet super close to your nail.
The wave design can be used in any direction you please.
Here is how to get the best results with this lacquer.
- Start with a base coat and allow to dry for a minute or two
- Paint all your nails with one coat of the lacquer and let dry at least a minute
- Then go back and one by one, paint a thickish second coat
- Right when you are done painting, hold the magnet right above your nail. If you look you can see it instantly starts making the wave. But hold it there for about 10 seconds
- Finish all other nails and top with top coat!
Big Red Machine
Big Red Machine is a deep red with silver shimmer. Once you use the magnet you get a dark red and then pinkish/red shade. Really nice!
Physical Attraction is a hazelnut brown with silver shimmer. This one creates a deep brown and taupe pattern.
Overall: I am REALLY impressed with these! I had some bad experiences with magnets that just didn’t seem to work very well so that kind of turned me off magnetic polish a bit. But these are super strong and easy to use. The nail polish is thick and covers almost completely in one coat (but you need two). I hope even more colors come out because I really like these.
Pricing: $36.00 per set.
What do you think about Nails Of Steel? Does this make you more interested in magnetic polish or are you getting over the trend?