Physicians Formula has a new line out called Youthful Wear Cosmeceutical Youth-Boosting Makeup.
In this line they have three pieces: foundation, concealer and powder, all meant to be worn together to create a more youthful appearance.
Their “Youth-Boosting Technology” includes 3 Cosmeceutical ingredients:
- Encapsulated Ceramide3 & Hyaluronic acid which smooths skin, creates elasticity and reduces the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
- Microspheres of Magnesium Silicate & Silica which are diffusers that create a soft-focus finish and absorb oil (basically a primer)
- Lamiaria Algae Extract which is a plant based medicine that tones, moisturizes and supports collagen production in skin.
There are some hefty claims they make that are based on a panel of women using the Youthful Wear system:
- 100% saw flawless results instantly
- 100% saw smoother skin instantly
- 100% saw less deep wrinkles and less fine lines instantly
- 100% saw younger looking skin instantly
- 100% of women would use Youthful Wear as an alternative to a cosmetic procedure
- 95% felt skin appeared lifted instantly
- 95% saw firmer looking skin instantly
Hmm. Some things I agree with, but then again I could say them about using many different primer/foundation/concealer combinations.
Youthful Wear Youth-Boosting Primer + Foundation SPF 15 is a foundation that comes in three shades: Fair, Light and Medium.
I tried it in shade Light, which was a near perfect color for me. The foundation comes in a squeeze tube and includes a synthetic flat brush.
This stuff is thick! One of the thickest I have ever used actually, but that’s not necessarily a negative. It does feel super velvety and soft, and blends in very easily. It definitely blurs the fine lines and pores I have, and makes my skin look really smooth and nice. It doesn’t make me look “flawless” (I have yet to see that with ANY face product I have ever used), but definitely much better.
I like that it contains SPF, always a good thing. It lasts and lasts on me without needing any touch ups. I looked at my face at about hours 8 and figured I would be long overdue for a “nose powder” but nope. No shine whatsoever! In all I wore it for about 10 hours and it stayed looking pretty much exactly the same as when I applied it. Pretty great!
Youthful Wear Youth-Boosting Concealer is a 3-in-1 stick and cream concealer in a tube that also has a rollerball on one end.
The stick side is a medium nude/slightly salmon color. It’s pretty thick and opaque, and does a good job concealing. However it may be a little too thick for me, with my fine lines. It tends to settle a bit after awhile.
The liquid concealer side is a yellow shade and a thin formula. Because it’s so thin, on its own it doesn’t cover as much as I would like. When paired with the stick concealer it hides better, but too much product under the eye for me just won’t work.
I have to say the rollerball doesn’t really do much. You are meant to use it to blend in the yellow shade, but it just kind of streaks. I prefer my finger.
Stick concealer, liquid concealer, foundation
Overall: I liked the foundation and have been using it. The concealer for me just didn’t work, but that doesn’t surprise me. I have a very hard time with concealers covering and not settling into fine lines.
Availability: Online and drugstores.
Pricing: The foundation is $14.95 for 1.0 oz. The concealer is $12.95. The stick part is .15 oz and the cream is .11 oz.
Have you tried either of these yet?