I am sure you have heard by now that Nails Inc. has two new Magnetic Polish colors out.
The colors are Trafalgar Square (Chrome) and Houses Of Parliament (Purple). I’ve got a how-to of sorts for you today with Houses Of Parliament.
I found this polish to be a little easier to use than the LCN Magnetics I previously reviewed.
First off notice that the top cap pops off to reveal a smaller round cap, easy for applying the polish. The top part contains the magnet.
Here is the built-in magnet in the top part of the outer cap.
This is the wavy pattern that the magnet will create. Note also that little lip. That lip is what makes applying this more user-friendly than some other magnetic polishes. Here’s why…
You can use it as a balance over your nail so that you don’t touch the magnet to the actual polish (which is REALLY easy to accidentally do). It definitely helps in keeping your hand nice and steady, and helps give you even results.
How to apply:
- Remove all oils from your nails using nail polish remover.
- Apply a base coat.
- Paint one coat of the polish on all your nails and allow to dry for at least 5 minutes.
- One finger at a time, paint another coat then immediately place the magnet on top of your nail (hovering, not touching) and leave on for 15-20 seconds. Be really careful not to paint too thick of a coat because the magnet will actually pull your polish off in tiny drops and get all over it! This happened to me the first time I tried it.
- Continue with the rest of your nails, one at a time.
- Paint a top coat over it.
Houses Of Parliament
Houses Of Parliament is a deep eggplant purple shimmer. The polish is very thick and covers really well. When you use the magnet on top you get a nice lighter purple swirl mixed in.
I found this to be really easy to use and I wound up getting nice even results. Love it! I do wish it was less expensive, but at least you get a good sized bottle, not a mini.
What do you think about this one? Have you tried magnetic polish yet?