MAC Me Over! Icelandic Cool collection is a somewhat small collection with just eleven pieces.
I am always drawn to cool colored collections because generally the colors work very well with fair skin tones. I’m a big fan of the Shadesticks also, they are easy to use and fun to play around with!
- Eye Shadow x 4 – Lady Grey
- All Races – Cool light taupe mauve (matte)
- Tendersmoke – Muted silver lilac (frost)
- Lady Grey – Light frosted green-grey (satin)
- Hazy Day – Mid-tone grey (VXP)
- Shadestick in Butternutty – Frosted light neutral beige
- Shadestick in Cakeshop – Frosted pewter
- Shadestick in Tundra – Icy silver
- Shadestick in Heirloom – Light icy pink
- Shadestick in Street Cool – Mid-tone grey violet taupe
- Lipglass in The Wee Coquette – Naked neutral pink
- Lipglass in Good Times – Pale mauve
- Lipglass in Spite – Muted plum-taupe brown
- Nail Lacquer in Quiet Time – Beige nude (creme)
- Nail Lacquer in Fatigues – Army green (creme)
Cakeshop, Tundra, Heirloom, Street Cool
Cakeshop is a really pretty icy looking medium green. It doesn’t have the best pigmentation, but not too bad either.
Tundra is a super silver! Reminds me of the Tin Man. Good pigmentation.
Heirloom is a pale pink and the least saturated of them all.
Street Cool is a dark purple taupe color. Very pretty and I liked this one the best.
Good Times, Spite
Good Times is a very pale white-ish pink color. Loved it in the tube maybe not so much on my lips. It’s one of those that settles into lip lines immediately, which I am not a fan of. You could use it as a layering piece over a lipstick though to avoid that issue, which is what I will do.
Spite looked like it wouldn’t work on me in the tube and on my hand swatch, but once it was on my lips, it was actually a flattering color. It’s a pale plum/taupe/pink color on me. It also does a little of the settling into lines, but nowhere near as much as Good Times.
I reviewed one of the nail lacquers called Fatigued already here.
From what I saw of this collection I liked it overall. I especially love the Shadesticks though!
Availability: August 25th in North America, September Internationally
What do you think of Icelandic Cool?