MAC Me Over! New Black features all the sexy “it” colors happening for this fall. It’s a collection of eleven items, mostly dark vampy pieces.
I love dark colors like this but they can sometimes be hard to pull off if you are very fair!
- Eye Shadow x 4 – Evil Eye
- Evil Eye – Deep yellow grey (matte)
- Palace Pedigreed – Deep berry with dark soft pink pearl (satin)
- Spellcaster – Blackened violet (mate)
- Moody – Blackened green (VXP)
- Fluidline in Dark Diversion – Darkened plum
- Fluidline in Avenue – Charcoal black with gold pearl
- Fludline in Midnight Blues – Blackened blue
- Fluidline in Dark Envy – Blackened green
- Lipstick in Rebel – Vivid pinkish-purple (satin)
- Lipstick in Prince Noir – Deep blue-purple (matte)
- Lipstick in Smoked Purple – Deel eggplant purple (matte)
- Lipstick in Runaway Red – Rich red-blue (satin)
- Nail Lacquer in Purple Majesty – Deep purple (creme)
- Nail Lacquer in Deep Sea – Deep teal (creme)
Palace Pedigreed, Spellcaster, Evil Eye, Moody
As you can see, most of these eyeshadows were NOT very pigmented whatsoever, which is disappointing. They felt chalky and very patchy. The only one that was really nice was Moody which is a veluxe pearl. I didn’t really see the green cast to it though, it’s mostly just a deep smokey grey.
Dark Envy, Avenue, Dark Diversion
Dark Envy is a really pretty green with lighter green shimmer. I wouldn’t classify it as blackened though because it’s much brighter than that.
Avenue is a really cool grey/black with gold shimmer. Love this one, very pretty and opaque!
Dark Diversion is a deep plum color, which is also nicely saturated.
Prince Noir, Smoked Purple
Prince Noir is a deep, dark blackened plum color that reads very red on me. It’s a little hard to get the color applied completely evenly, but it’s an awesome dark color.
Smoked Purple is a very dark smokey purple. VERY dark, but so awesome. I kind of love this color because of the dusty greyness to it. Neither of these are super easy to wear for me though!
You can see my swatches of the two nail lacquers Purple Majesty and Deep Sea here.
Definitely the best thing here for me were the Fluidlines and Deep Sea nail lacquer. I liked the lipsticks also, but they are very hard to wear for fair gals. The eye shadow quad was patchy and disappointing and I would skip it!
Availability: August 25th in North America and September Internationally.
What do you think of New Black?