I read a post from one of my favorite blogs about irrational fears and it totally inspired me to write a post as well.
Reading the comments in particular (some of which had me rolling laughing) was a bit eye-opening. So many people share the same fears! It’s nice to know we aren’t alone with our “issues”.
So I wanted to list some of mine and I would love to hear yours also!
- Being pushed from behind onto train tracks while the train is coming. Along with that I also have a deep-seeded fear that I will jump onto the tracks. This is why I always check behind me when the train is coming for people who look psychotic. I also try to step away from the edge so I can control the urge to catapult myself off the platform.
- I have a fear of putting my hands inside “work” gloves. I am always convinced that a huge hairy spider will have crawled inside and as soon as I stick my hand in, it will bite me. I usually smash the gloves or furiously shake them out before I will put one on my hand.
- I’m worried that I will be framed for murder and have a huge amount of evidence against me. I’ll then be convicted and put in prison which leads me to another fear…
- Not a fan of going to the bathroom in a public place. Especially when people can SEE ME, like in a prison cell.
- I’m also worried that one day I will be in an airport and suddenly the authorities will pull me aside, put me in a little room and pull out a huge bag of heroin from my purse that someone planted. And yes, I do watch Locked Up Abroad. 🙂
- Another fear (which has actually happened to me a few times so maybe it’s not so irrational) is that I will have a sudden unexplained coughing attack on the train. My eyes will get watery, makeup will then pour down my face all the while I cannot stop coughing. There is no other sound on the train except me loudly coughing and everyone is staring at me. This why I carry around mints or throat lozenges or SOMETHING with me at all times to help moisturize my throat. Now I am worried this is going to happen this afternoon.
- I will NOT look into a mirror in the dark. I heard the Bloody Mary story and saw Candyman way too many times to do this. This is despite the fact that I do not believe in any of this.
- I have been known to get a little creeped out by the thought of a great white shark getting me. While I am in a swimming pool.
Ok I think that is enough for now, lest I get another irrational fear that I have too many irrational fears! 😀
Tell me yours!