MAC Flighty Collection for summer 2011 has some really cool new offerings that I think a lot of people are going to love (myself included)!
This is a very colorful collection filled with 16 new eye shadows called Big Bounce Shadow. These are whipped mouse cream shadows that have a very soft spongy texture and are very buildable. I know what you’re thinking. You are thinking this means crease-city, right? Wrong!
Also included are 4 very colorful Zoom Lash Mascaras and a 242 Shader Brush.
Zoom Coloured Mascara ($14.00)
- High Esteem – Mid-tone grey with silver pearl
- Blue Charge – Deep navy blue
- Plum Reserve – Light violet purple
- Green Is Green – Jade green
Big Bounce Shadow ($16.50)
- The Cool Elite – White with silver pearl
- Good Fortune – Soft pink yellow with pink and silver pearl
- Reward Yourself – Bright peach coral with gold pearl
- Impeccably Rich – Light cream with gold pearl
- Sizzlin’ Diva – Copper with gold pearl
- Trophy – Soft peach with pearl
- Free As Air – Sky blue with silver pearl
- Spread The Wealth – Dirty olive with gold pearl
- Extra Charged – Bright green with multicolour pearl
- Up The Ante! – Rich copper with gold and silver pearl
- Rich Thrills – Dirty silver with multicolour pearl
- Luxury Touch – Violet with gold pearl
- Count Your Assets – Rich blue purple with multicolour pearl
- My Next Indulgence – Forest green with blue and gold pearl
- Black Diamond – Black with gold pearl
Big Bounce Shadow
Spread The Wealth
Count Your Assets
Spread The Wealth, Count Your Assets, Black Diamond, Reward Yourself, Good Fortune (with flash)
Spread The Wealth, Count Your Assets, Black Diamond, Reward Yourself, Good Fortune (without flash)
These shadows are incredibly fluffy and soft feeling, like fluffy whipped marshmallows! I loved the texture and also love the fact that you can use just a little to get a soft wash, or add more to bump up the saturation.
They dry to a soft satiny finish pretty quickly but not so quick you can’t work with them. This is the great thing because I was a bit worried they would stay “wet” which would mean major eye creases with minutes for me. However I applied Reward Yourself this morning at 5:30 am over my standard Too Faced Shadow Insurance (I did 2 layers of it) and here it is 12:00 and no creases remotely in sight. So once it dries, it seems it stays put very nicely.
All of these had really good color payoff and are all gorgeous colors. I am definitely interested in getting a few more of these babies!
Zoom Lash Mascara
Green Is Green
High Esteem, Green Is Green
Zoom Lash Mascaras are some of my very favorites mascaras from any brand. I love the thickening and non-clumpiness I get with this formula and it’s a standard daily mascara for me.
High Esteem is unlike any other mascara color I have used. It’s a medium grey with some silver sparkle to it. Normally I need to use black or very colored mascara because my lashes are on the lighter side, but this one looks like it might be dark enough to do the trick.
Green Is Green is a jade green color and very pretty. I am huge into green mascara (and other colors) for summer, so this one is great. I’m not sure because I haven’t compared them side by side, but this might be very similar if not exactly the same green as the Wonder Woman Army Of Amazons green mascara.
I really like this collection because it offers some new textures we haven’t seen before and a vast array of colors. The Big Bounce Shadows are totally amazing and because you don’t need much they seem like they’ll last a long time.
I also am a big fan of Zoom Lash Mascara in general and the fun colors just adds to the happy-vibe I get from this collection. I much prefer this over Fashion Flower!
Availability: May 5 in North America and June Internationally
Ok folks I would love to hear your thoughts about this collection!