NYX Cosmetics has a new line of products out called “Grow Lash” that are all aimed at making your lashes and brows grow longer and/or thicker. Much like the prescription lash enhancer Latisse, but these are over the counter rather than prescription.
I am a gigantic skeptic when it comes to lash enhancements just because I cannot understand *how* they work. Especially if they aren’t technically classified as a prescription medication and FDA approved such as Latisse is.
These are the first lash growth products I have tried, though quite a few companies have their versions of them out now. I have seen some pretty amazing looking before and after photos from YouTube gurus I follow (not of these particular products though) so I decided to try it for myself.
The products NYX has are
- Grow Lash Serum
- Long & Full Mascara with Grow Lash Serum
- Grow Lash Liquid Liner
- Grow Brow Serum
Here are the details of how this works and what it is straight from the horses mouth:
• Prescription free eyelash serum that transforms thin, brittle lashes to create a gorgeous, lush, dense look
• All natural formulation features superior peptide and growth complexes combined with arginine, biotin, soy proteins, herb extracts and ginko biloba to produce longer, thicker, stronger lashes
• Results are evident in as little as 4 – 6 weeks and continue to build with continued use
• Independent studies show 100% of users saw improvement in eyelash density and length; while 85% reported increased fullness of the lash
• Non-irritating formula is clinically tested, Dermatologist tested and approved
• Oil-Free, Drug-Free, Paraben-Free and never tested on animals
• Usage: Apply nightly to clean, dry lashes by sweeping applicator brush along the lash line from inner to outer corner of the eye
NYX Pro-Grow products are advanced, non-irritating natural formulations that promote the growth and healthy appearance of the eyelashes and eyebrows creating a fuller, thicker more beautiful look.
NYX Pro-Grow products can be used alone or in combination; with daily use results are noticeable after just a few weeks!
• Use Grow Lash Liquid Liner to line and define eyes
• Apply Grow Lash Mascara to lashes to create a fuller, more dramatic look
• Apply Grow Lash Serum to a clean lash line, working from inner to outer corner of the eye
• Brush Grow Brow Serum across the arch of a clean brow line, working from inner to outer corner of the brow
I found the serum easy enough to apply and didn’t have any problems with it other than remembering to use it every AM & PM, which I did manage for 6 straight weeks.
I had taken a before photo right when I started and planned on taking one at 2 weeks and then every 2 weeks after up until 6 weeks. But I didn’t need to. Why? Because I saw no difference at all in my lashes.
I was hoping like crazy SOMETHING would happen but there was no noticeable difference in the length or density of my lashes between when I started all the way up to 6 weeks when I abandoned the experiment. Needless to say I was pretty disappointed and my skepticism felt all the more justified.
That’s not to say though that these won’t work for YOU. I assume everyone has different responses to different products, so just because it did nothing for me doesn’t mean it won’t for you. They do claim that 100% of people in an independent study did see lash density and length improvement, but again I find that hard to believe that every single person had a result, but it did nothing for me. I wonder how many people made up that 100%?
I also tried the Long & Full Lash Mascara with Grow Lash Serum in it for the first week.
The mascara experiment only lasted a short time though because I had some issues with it.
It wound up being very flakey on me and I had little pieces falling onto my face just a few hours into wearing it, so I gave up after a week.
For me these products did not work as they claimed they would, but again I have to reiterate that doesn’t mean they won’t work for you. The pricing on these is a lot better than many of the other ones I have seen online which can run from $100 per tube and up, so at least if you try it and it doesn’t work out, you haven’t lost out on a ton of money.
Availability: Where ever NYX is sold
Pricing: $25.00 for the Grow Lash Serum and $13.00 for the mascara
Have you tried any lash enhancement serums? Did they work for you?