Gabrielle Faust is an acclaimed vampire writer but now she’s also a creator of some new pigment eyeshadows.
These eight new mineral eye colors are vegan, hypoallergenic, contain no dyes or carmine.
They are billed as being matte but in reality some of them do have a very subtle sheen to them, which for me was a bonus because matte pigments can sometimes scare me!
Here is a run-down of the colors and some fabulous descriptions from OverallBeauty:
- Love Lost (deep rose) Tender and sweet as a lost love’s last kiss, this delicately ashen mauve will bring a hint of warmth to your eye as well as your heart
- Vampire’s Kiss (sangria red) Spicy and seductive, this deep sangria red is as intoxicating as the most alluring immortal lover
- Karmic Knight (dark eggplant purple)Bold and daring, this smoldering shade of the darkest purple challenges the perception of the beholder
- Misanthrope (ashen violet) Delicately complex and deviously unassuming, this lovely violet shade will make the world wonder about the beauty who wears it
- Indiscretion (charcoal gray) Dark as one’s deepest desires, this smoky charcoal shade is exactly what you need to create a perfectly seductive look
- Aftermath (burnt umber brown) One can still smell the smoke from the passionately raging fires in this earthen brown hue
- Sanctified Snow (opalescent white) What dreams are made of, this shimmering opalescent eye shadow is the perfect way to highlight any look
- Hourglass Sand (golden cream) A neutral shade that is anything but neutral, this creamy shadow is as timeless as the sands of Arabia
Confession: When I initially saw these pigments in person I was less than blown away. I was worried that they were mostly dark and labeled as matte. I thought they would be chalky, patchy and unflattering. Just goes to show you that you can’t judge a book by it’s cover. Get it? She’s an author and I said book? Ok I’ll stop. 😉
The pigments went on extremely smooth and they felt very soft and finely milled. There was no patchiness or chalky feeling at all. The colors are really opaque and completely flattering, no scary dark murkiness.
L to R: Hourglass Sand, Karmic Night, Misanthrope, Vampire Kiss
Hourglass Sand is a pale warm vanilla color. Karmic Night is a deep purple/brown. Misanthrope is a medium dusty purple/grey. Vampire Kiss is a deep purple/red with a very subtle sheen.
L to R: Sanctified Snow, Indiscretion, Love Lost, Aftermath
Sanctified Snow is a shimmery pure white. Indiscretion is a deep matte grey. Love Lost is a medium rose pink with subtle sheen. Aftermath is a dark brown with subtle sheen.
I am pretty impressed with these pigments, and am really happy I gave them a chance. What I expected was totally opposite from what they wound up being like. Good stuff!
These are available on Overallbeauty.com and they will ship anywhere.
$8.99 each and you can save $2.00 now by using coupon code VAMP2112.
Folks I want to know, which ones are you liking the most?