Wow, 2011 is nearly over! Hard to believe it went so quickly and yet also seemed to drag so much during certain other times (ahem, at work, ahem).
I wasn’t even going to do a 2011 review post but then I thought, it does make a nice kind of yearly ‘wrap up and move on’ post. It’s always nice to look back on successes throughout the year and products you might have forgotten about that came out months before. Half this stuff I forgot I even owned because it’s buried under so much other newer stuff. Kidding. No I’m not.
Before we get to my favorite things, I thought I would recap some things that stood out for me this year and some blog stats.
- MAC Bloggers’ Obsessions Collection. I wasn’t chosen in the end, but the fact that I was asked to be a part of the submission process was a huge thing for me. I’ve been wearing MAC for 20 years now, and they are my favorite brand.
- I became a Wet n Wild Beauty Ambassador in June and that was a great thing! Long before MAC was even on the horizon Wet n Wild was the first makeup I ever bought as a thirteen year old, so they have a special place in my heart.
- Too Faced named me their Level 1 Beauty Blogger for December. I love Too Faced products and packaging, so this was really fabulous!
- Stila interviewed me for a guest post on their blog, and that was great fun! Stila has been a brand I’ve been wearing for what seems like forever, love them.
- I joined the Lucky Style Collective which is a group of bloggers associated with Lucky Magazine and I have been featured on their blog. Hopefully that will lead to a magazine mention or two in the future!
- I attended the Beautylish Social this past October in Santa Monica, and I consider that an accomplishment because it was the first time I ever went to one of these things! I met some of the bloggers/YouTube people I really admire, and it was a lot of fun.
- I attended BlogHer ’11 which had its ups and downs, but I don’t regret having gone to learn more of what it was about. Continue reading »