Hair styling is a part of my every day routine I would gladly give up in two seconds flat if I possibly could.
I cannot stand it.
I loathe it.
I dread it.
I fear it.
No really, I fear it! Because my hair works great some days then others, for no reason, it looks like crap.
But because I have fine hair (not “thin” as some people say. Thin implies one has “thinning hair” or not a lot of it which isn’t true) and it’s pretty straight I have to do a whole “process” when styling it. And it MUST be blown out every day if I leave the house because my hair just does not work at all if it air dries. Think frizz, bent looking hair, flat and limp. Ick.
Oh and let’s be clear. I am not one of those unexplainable people who can go 2-3 days in-between washings. I cannot even fathom that. My hair would be SO flat, greasy and dark (super blond hair gets darker with product/oils) it’s just not possible. And no, dry shampoo is not the answer for me.
My daily routine:
- First I wrap it in a towel when I get out of the shower to soak up some of the moisture while I apply my makeup.
- 10-15 minutes later I comb it out with a large tooth comb.
- Then I use whatever product I am using on it and distribute throughout my hair.
- Then I blow dry the bangs area first making sure they are full dry, lest they start to move in a direction I don’t want them to.
- Then I dry the rest with my hands for a minute to soak up more water.
- Then I section and blow out using a round brush. In all I usually section it into three sections (bottom, middle, very top).
- Finally after about 8-10 minutes of blow drying that part is done.
- Then, if the sides didn’t get totally straight, I will flat iron them for a second because I don’t like when the sides of my bob aren’t totally even and straight down (no bends).
- If I’m feeling like having BIG hair I use a dry shampoo at the roots and that helps give me volume and “grip” to lightly backcomb at the crown.
- Then I lightly spray the bangs and top and I’m done.
In reality this only takes me about 15 minutes but it’s about 14 minutes longer than I would prefer.
All this to say I found two Bumble and bumble products this past year that I truly love and have helped me with styling.