New for fall 2013 is Smashbox Liquid Halo HD Foundation which also includes an SPF of 15 and an oil-free formula.
This new foundation comes in ten shades and has a light-responsive technology inside which helps give you an even luminous finish. The microscopic gel-covered pigments mimic a photo filter to blur any imperfections. It gives you a sheer to medium buildable coverage.
- Shade 1 – natural vanilla for fair complexions
- Shade 2 – warm vanilla for fair/light complexions
- Shade 3 – light beige for light complexions
- Shade 4 – light warm beige for light complexions
- Shade 5 – golden beige for light/medium complexions
- Shade 6 – warm medium beige for medium complexions
- Shade 7 – golden medium beige for medium complexions
- Shade 8 -natural tan for medium/dark complexions
- Shade 9 – dark golden tan for dark complexions
- Shade 10 – natural deep cocoa for dark complexions
Shade 2 unblended
Shade 2 blended
I tried out shade 2, which seems like a pretty good fit for my skin. And as always the second shade in the line worked out for me!
The foundation comes in a pump style bottle which gives a decent amount with each pump. As I mentioned it starts off somewhat sheer but you can slightly build it up to a medium coverage. I can definitely see the luminous quality it has, but it’s subtle. Nothing too shimmery or over the top.
It feels really comfortable and light on my skin, kind of like just wearing a BB Cream. It blends in really easily and I also love that it helps blur pores and little annoying areas I want covered. The added SPF15 is a great bonus, even though I wear it over an SPF moisturizer.
It wore on me for a good 6-7 hours without me feeling like maybe my t-zone needed to be lightly blotted. But it is an oil-free formula, so I didn’t really have much to touch up, just a hint of too much shine.
Overall: I like it, but do wish it was a medium to full coverage formula just because I prefer a little more coverage from a foundation. I do like the radiant finish it has though because I like to be a little more luminous than matte at my age! It’s a nice foundation though overall, and I think people who like a lighter “makeup look” might like it.
Pricing: $42.00 for 1 oz.
Is this a foundation you want to try out?
Note: Not cruelty free