Misa High Society for Winter 2012 Swatches, Review & Giveaway!
Misa High Society is the latest from the brand and features six new shades: three super amazing shimmers and three deep cremes.
I didn’t really expect some of these to be as good as they are! The shimmers looked pretty nice in the bottle, but they are much better than I thought. They are so deep and rich. The cremes as well were thick, creamy and smooth. I only needed two coats for all of them. Excellent formula as per usual for this very under-rated brand (one of my fav brands).
Oh and if you like what you see here, read until the bottom because someone will be winning this entire collection!
Well-Heeled Grey, Bourbon On The Rocks, Uptown Glamour
Well-Heeled Grey is in fact a deep smokey purple/grey with heavy shimmer. The shimmer is purple, red and blue. The edges tend to look greyish and murky. So pretty, creamy and shimmery.
Bourbon On The Rocks
Bourbon On The Rocks is a deep blackened red/orange shimmer. This one is amazing in person! It’s incredibly deep, and looks like it’s on fire. Really gorgeous shade, reminds me a lot of some of the old Duri shades I love so much. The camera does not do it justice, it’s mesmerizing.
Uptown Glamour is dark blackened purple/blue/red. This is really hard to describe because the base is like an inky blue but the shimmer is red and purple. But also somehow blue. Incredible shade, reminds me a lot of OPI Every Month Is Oktoberfest (I haven’t compared them yet).
Tailored Taupe, Trust Fund, It Girl
Tailored Taupe is a very dark taupe/brown creme. Ok it’s not really taupe, more like a medium chocolate brown. Either way it’s really shiny, creamy and smooth. Love it because I love me some good brown nail colors!
Trust Fund is a medium/deep grey creme. It’s a blue-ish grey shade and applied a bit sheer at first but really two coats is all you need. In certain lighting it almost looks like a green/grey color. Nice!
It Girl is a very dark vampy purple creme. Nearly looks black, but not quite. Again, super creamy formula and smooth as glass. Maybe not unique though.
Overall: Well I think you can tell that the shimmers were my favorites here. All three are just gorgeous shades but I especially am enamored with Bourbon On The Rocks and Uptown Glamour. I have no complaints about the cremes, but I don’t think the shades are quite as interesting.
Availability: Misa’s website and online.
And now a chance for you to own them!
- One (1) person will win the entire 6-piece Misa High Society Nail Lacquer Collection.
- The only way to enter is by leaving a comment on this post about…whatever! How is your 2013 so far? What are you reading? What resolutions or goals do you have this year?
- Please only comment ONE TIME or you will be disqualified.
- Please note it can take up to 24 hours for me to approve comments so if yours doesn’t show up immediately, do not comment a second time.
- The deadline to enter is Saturday, January 12th, 2013 at 11:59 pm PST.
- You must use a valid email address to enter.
- The winner will be notified via email within 48 hours of the giveaway end time.
- The winner will have 48 hours to respond to the email or I will choose another winner.
- This is open to individuals of any country who have reached the age of majority according to their local laws (18 in the US with these exceptions: Alabama and Nebraska, 19; Mississippi, 21).
- Void where prohibited by law.
Note: Misa is cruelty free.