2012 was a very strange year for me and it started off so great! I started off the year knowing I would be quitting my job to blog full-time. That was such an exciting time for me because I knew I would be doing something I loved every day.
Everything went according to plan up until right before my 40th birthday in mid-June. Coincidence? Hmmmm I wonder. To make a long story short between June-December I dealt with ocular migraines, kidney stones, depression & anxiety, C. Difficile, a surgery for Mr. VV and 5 stitches in my finger and nail. FUN.
Aside from health related issues, blogging from home hasn’t been all that I imagined it to be. No regrets about taking the chance on it because I would have always wondered, but I have discovered it’s not for me. It takes a certain personality type to want to be home alone constantly, and that personality just isn’t me!
- Back in October/November I was on the Wet n Wild Beauty Blogger displays in Walgreens across the US, which was pretty amazing!
- I quit my job in March to blog full time – then discovered I didn’t like it! Still an accomplishment I think.
- I had over 3.3 million visits.
- More than 7.7 million pageviews.
- 1.4 million unique visitors.
Top viewed posts:
- My most viewed post this year was actually from December 2011! It was my review of the Salon Express Nail Art Stamping Kit.
- Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stains came in second.
- Next was my swatches of OPI Skyfall.
- Then another from 2011, which were the Revlon Colorburst Lip Butters.
- In fifth is the OPI New York City Ballet post.
- Then we have China Glaze Electropop swatches.
- In seventh place for most viewed post is also from 2011 and is my mega-post of Wet n Wild Megalast Lipcolors.
- Next we are back to 2012 for OPI Spider-Man.
- The 9th most viewed post this year was MAC Shop MAC Cook.
- And finally in 10th place is China Glaze Summer Neon.
I am noticing a pattern that nearly all of these posts are nail polish or have nail related items in them…
I really hope that 2013 is an amazing year because 2011 wasn’t that great, and 2012 was even worse! It MUST get better…right?
Thanks for sticking around throughout the years!