China Glaze Holiday Joy for Holiday 2012 Swatches, Review & Giveaway!
China Glaze Holiday Joy is here! I always start feeling like it’s getting really close to the holidays when the super glittery 12-piece nail collections come out. Shimmer, glitter, metallic and holographic-ness – you can find something for everyone in Holiday Joy.
Luckily for all of us who like the way glitter nail polish looks but DREAD the removal, there were really only three in this collection that were messy with removal. Yahoo!
With Love is a shiny candy-apple red creme. It’s a wee bit on the warmer side and this was three coats.
Red Satin is a slightly deeper blue-based red creme. This was also super shiny and three coats.
Merry Berry is a deep berry red creme. A little uneven at first, but three thin coats make it smooth and even.
Cranberry Splash is a medium/deep red shimmer. This is really pretty in real life. It glows. This was two coats.
Pure Joy has red micro-glitter and slightly larger gold glitter pieces. It actually covers the nail nearly completely in three coats, but it can get thick and clumpy so be careful with application. This was one of the hard to remove ones.
Glistening Snow is a silver micro-glitter with holographic micro-glitter. This was three thin coats and surprisingly easy and clean removal!
Angel Wings is a gold micro-glitter with holographic micro-glitter. This also was great in three thin coats and easy to remove. Love this C3PO gold shade!
Champagne Kisses is a rose gold micro-glitter. So pretty! This was three thin coats.
Winter Holly is a green micro-glitter with holographic micro-glitter. The holo glitter isn’t as obvious in this one as with the silver and gold. This is three coats.
Blue Bells Ring
Blue Bells Ring is an icy and vivid blue metallic. Wow this shade is so intense even with just one coat! Looks even better in person. No streaks and really nice looking. This was two coats.
Glitter All The Way
Glitter All The Way has a clear base with gold, purple, red and green micro-glitter. Reminds me of Mardis Gras! This was three coats and covered pretty decently. This was pretty messy to remove though.
Pizzazz has a clear base and is packed with different sized silver, gold, blue, orange, purple and green glitter. This was three coats and also one of the three hard to remove ones.
Availability: Starting this month.
And now because China Glaze is so awesome, they are hosting a giveaway for two people with me!
- Two (2) people will win the entire 12-piece Holiday joy collection.
- There are two ways to enter and you can do them one time each for a chance to win.
- First you can enter by leaving a comment on this post about which of these shades are your favorites.
- Second you can enter by following me on Twitter and retweeting (RT) the following: Follow @VampyVarnish and RT to win one of two China Glaze Holiday Joy Collections! http://bit.ly/RaSCNt
- You can only comment/retweet ONE TIME each, or you will be disqualified.
- You do not need to tell me you RT’d me, everything is tracked separately by myself.
- Please note it can take up to 48 hours for me to approve comments so if yours doesn’t show up immediately, do not comment a second time.
- The deadline to enter is Saturday, November 10th, 2012 at 11:59 pm PST.
- You must use a valid email address and/or Twitter account to enter.
- The winners will be notified via email within 48 hours of the giveaway end time.
- The winners will have 48 hours to respond to the email or I will choose another winner.
- This is open to individuals of the US and Canada ONLY who have reached the age of majority according to their local laws (18 in the US with these exceptions: Alabama and Nebraska, 19; Mississippi, 21).
- Void where prohibited by law.
Note: China Glaze is cruelty free.