Hourglass No. 28 Primer Serum Review
Hourglass No. 28 Primer Serum is a multi-purpose, hydrating, anti-aging serum that is suited for all skin types.
This is a great serum to wear underneath a BB Cream or foundation. It’s hydrating, helps blur fine lines and pores, and is water resistant.
What makes this primer a little more of a workaholic than other primers are the ingredients in it:
- Amyris – Anti-aging, regenerative
- Bois De Rose – Moisturizing, anti-aging
- Cedar – Healing, softening
- Clove – Anti-acne, calming
- Eucalyptus – Healing, calming
- Geranium – Balancing, equalizing
- Lavender – Revitalizing, healing
- Lemon Peel – Brightening, refreshing
- Orange Peel – Anti-aging, toning
- Petitgrain – Anti-acne, balancing
- Rose Geranium – Balancing, tonic
- Rosemary – Toning, decongesting
- Vanilla – Relaxing, soothing
- Ylang Ylang – Balancing, moisturizing
- Borage – Anti-oxidant, moisturizing
- Cherry Pit – Conditioning, emollient
- Evening Primrose – Moisturizing, neutralizing
- Green Tea – Antioxidant, moisturizing
- Hazelnut – Firming, elasticity
- Jojoba – Antioxidant,anti-acne
- Kukui Nut – Moisturizing, emollient
- Olive – Moisturizing, balancing
- Rose Hip Seed – Anti-aging, regenerative
- Sweet Almond – Moisturizing, anti-aging
- A – Anti-aging, anti-oxidant
- B5 – Moisturizing, regenerative
- C – Antioxidant, anti-aging
- E – Moisturizing, antioxidant
Wow, that’s a whole ‘lotta good-sounding ingredients. You can even use this as a skin or hair treatment.
This primer comes in a pump-style glass container. Very nice and sleek feeling.
The product comes out clear and is thickish in texture. Thick yet slippery, like most primers are. It does have a slight natural scent, but nothing very strong.
It feels a little different than any other primer I have used because this is a serum/primer rather than more of just a gel or cream texture. So it’s liquid-y, yet still does a great job of blurring out pores and other areas you want softened.
In terms of a primer it worked really great. I used it under a foundation and it made application smoother and easier, and definitely made my skin look more flawless than with just the foundation. I had no break-outs or oily feeling on my skin with it. It felt lighter to me than some primers I’ve used in the past halfway through the day.
Overall: Now I don’t look any younger or like my fine lines are being repaired, but it does feel nice and moisturizing on my skin, and most certainly helps my skin look much better. This primer/serum does not come cheap though, this is something to definitely splurge on if given the chance!
Pricing: $65.00 for 1.0 oz.
Note: Hourglass is cruelty free.