Milani Shadow Eyez 12 Hr Wear Eyeshadow Pencils for Spring 2012 Swatches, Photos & Review
New this spring from Milani exclusively at CVS are Shadow Eyez 12 Hr Wear Eyeshadow Pencils.
These chubby, colorful bad boys come in six shades and are long-lasting (up to 12 hours wear), water-resistant, crease-proof and paraben free. You can sharpen them with a jumbo sharpener like the Milani Duo Sharpener.
These pencils are soft, but they don’t break easily. They are easy to apply straight to your eyelid, and blend out. I do tend to work faster with pencils than a powder eyeshadow though because they do kind of “set” then they aren’t as easy to blend. I first tried blending one with my finger, which didn’t work out that great. Then another day I used a brush and that was much easier.
They come with a plastic cap on them and they recommend you shut it TIGHT so they don’t dry out.
Winter White, Champagne Toast, Aquatic Style, Royal Purple, Green Safari, Brown Deluxe
The color payoff you get with these is really good.
Winter White is a bright white metallic.
Champagne Toast is a champagne/nude metallic.
Aquatic Style is a bright blue pearl.
Royal Purple is a purple pearl.
Green Safari is a bright grass green pearl.
Brown Deluxe is a shimmery bronze pearl.
Here I am wearing Royal Purple as a base under other shadows. I just applied it directly to my eyelid over Too Faced Shadow Insurance (as always) and blended it out with a Sigma E55 brush.
- Too Faced Shadow Insurance
- Milani Shadow Eyez in Royal Purple (on lid and lower lash line)
- Jordana Color Effects Eyeshadow Powder in Twofold (I used the purple side over Royal Purple and the pink to blend into crease)
- MAC Vanilla (under eyebrow)
- Bobbi Brown Black Ink Gel Liner (upper lash line, lower waterline)
- Hard Candy Fit to Fab Black Mascara
- Anastasia Brow Powder Duo in Medium Ash/Medium Brown (I use brown side)
- MAC Fast Response Eye Cream
- Urban Decay 24/7 Concealer Pencil in NSA
- Laura Mercier Oil-Free Foundation Primer
- MAC Beauty Balm
- Hard Candy Living Doll Blush
- Bite Beauty High Pigment Pencil in Velvet
Overall: Great pencils! They really do last a solid 12 hours at least on me when used over a primer. I had no creasing or color fading whatsoever. These are very comparable to the Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Shadow Pencils, and much less expensive!
Availability: CVS exclusive.
Pricing: $5.99 for 0.10 oz.
What do you think about these? Do you like pencil style eyeshadows?