Guest Post Featuring Phyrra!
Hi there! I’m Phyrra from www.Phyrra.net and today I wanted to show you a cute little mani I did with some nail art pens and tooth picks.
- I started by applying Cult Nails Get it On Base coat.
- Then I applied a coat of Milani White on the Spot. This is a one coat white, but there were a few places that looked thin, so I did a very thin second coat.
- With China Glaze Pool Party, I wiped off the brush and made 3 to 4 large pink dots per nail on right side of each nail.
- After that had dried sufficiently, I took China Glaze Sun Worshiper and the back of a round toothpick and used it to make 4 to 5 slightly smaller orange dots on the right side of each nail.
- After those had dried, I took my Sally Hansen Nail Art Pen in Neon Pink and added a few scattered small dots to each, doing from 3 to 6.
- With my Sally Hansen Nail Art Pen in Black I added 7 to 8 small black dots scattered about.
- I sealed everything off with Orly Sec n’ Dry Top Coat.
I really like using White on the Spot as a blank canvas for bright colors. It really helps neon shades to pop. The Sally Hansen Nail Art Pens are very easy to use for dotting designs like this. Anyway, I loved how this turned out so I wanted to share it with you, as it was a pretty easy nail art design to do.
Three fun facts:
1. I’m poodle crazy. I love all poodles, but especially standard poodles. My bff is my standard poodle Phaedra. We also have a cute little pug, Maximus.
2. I love DIY hair. I’ve been coloring my own hair since I was 17 or 18. I prefer using Manic Panic or Jerome Russel Punky color.
3. I’m an avid reader. I prefer to read fantasy / horror / sci-fi. My favorite author is Seanan McGuire. I highly recommend her to anyone who likes Urban Fantasy or Post-Apocalyptic Zombie Fiction.
What’s your favorite nail art design to do? Do you use tools or freehand?