Finger Paints Special Effects Collection for Winter 2011 Swatches & Review. Oh and Giveaway!!
The next big trend now that we have gone through tons and tons of crackles and then magnetic polishes is definitely flake glitter. It seems as though everyone is now coming out with their own version (more coming soon that haven’t yet been announced yet ) and I am NOT complaining about this trend! Flake glitters are my absolute favorite “effect” in a nail polish. To me they are better than duo-chromes, multi-chromes, holographics, regular glitters, bar glitters, crackles, magnetics, etc. I LOVE them. I love the irregular pattern of them and love how they make your nails looks like they are glowing. Plus they are usually much easier to remove than traditional glitter.
Finger Paints jumped on board with their new Special Effects Collection only available at Sally Beauty Supply starting in January.
This collection includes five different flake glitters: Asylum, Flecked, Twisted, Motley and Flashy. They are all set in a clear base, so are best used over a black or dark color. I used two coats of the flake glitters over a black base for all photos. You can get a good amount of flake coverage though using just one coat, but I prefer two.
Below are some macro bottle shots where I turned up the contrast so you can really see the flakes inside.
Asylum (macro bottle)
Asylum includes mostly red and blue flakes, but since they are holographic they do change colors to orange, green and purple.
Flecked (macro bottle)
Flecked is the only one that mostly stays one color, but it’s gorgeous nonetheless. It’s a beautiful vivid green shade that flashes blue in certain lighting. Nails Inc. The Wyndham is very similar to this so if you already have that, I would say skip this one.
Twisted (macro bottle)
Twisted has the most colors in it and changes the most. It includes gold, blue, purple, red, green and so on. It’s a rainbow of colors and my favorite one. SO pretty!
Motley (macro bottle)
Motley is a green and blue color and it doesn’t really change. What you see is what you get. I love this one, it may be my second favorite one here.
Flashy (macro bottle)
Flashy is probably the one that is closest to other flake glitters out there. It’s a red/orange/green glitter. This is very similar if not a dupe for Nails Inc. The Donmar and Sally Hansen Hidden Treasure. I say if you have either of those you don’t need this one.
Availability: Sally Beauty Supply starting in January (in stores only, not sold online).
Pricing: $5.49 each.
And now for the fun part!
- One (1) person will win the entire five (5) piece Finger Paints Special Effects Collection.
- There are three ways to enter and you can do all three one time each for a chance to win.
- First you can enter by leaving a comment on this post about what your plans are for New Years or what your favorite Christmas present was, or whatever!
- You can also enter by following me on Twitter and retweeting (RT) the following: Follow @VampyVarnish and RT to win the Finger Paints Special Effects Collection. (Note: If you unfollow me after RT’ing on Twitter or before the giveaway ends your entry will not count.)
- Finally you can enter by liking my Vampy Varnish Facebook fan page.
- You can only comment/retweet/”like” ONE TIME each, or you will be disqualified.
- You do not need to tell me you RT’d or friended me, everything is tracked separately by myself.
- Please note it can take up to 48 hours for me to approve comments so if yours doesn’t show up immediately do not comment a second time.
- The deadline to enter is Sunday, January 1st, 2012 at 11:59 pm, PST.
- You must use a valid email address and/or Twitter/Facebook account to enter.
- The winners will be notified via email within 48 hours of the giveaway end time.
- The winners will have 48 hours to respond to the email or I will choose another winner.
- This is open to individuals of any country who have reached the age of majority according to their local laws (18 in the US with these exceptions: Alabama and Nebraska, 19; Mississippi, 21).
- Void where prohibited by law.