It seems as though my reminder tweets and post about Share Yourself worked! I have been getting a lot of submissions, so thank you for that!
I have received so many that I need to break them down into about 6 featured people per post and will post them every 3 weeks. I am posting in the order I received so if you don’t see yours today I will catch you soon. I would like to keep this series going, so if you have something, feel free to send my way (see details at the end of this post about submission requirements).
And now, check out these bloggers!
Who: Kiss My Acetone
1. She used to be a nail biter but quit cold turkey when she got interested in nail polish.
2. Her favorite food is cereal.
3. The first celebrity she ever met was Eric Clapton. She was 8 years old and riding in a hotel at Universal Studios Hollywood. She was all dressed up for a tap dance competition and he told me I was cute.
OPI Nail Envy for a base, 2 coats of China Glaze It’s Alive, and NailTek Fast Setting Polish Dryer for the top coat.
Kiss My Acetone
Kiss My Acetone
Who: Strong Nails
1. She plays the accordion for traditional English folk dancers.
2. She loves 80′s heavy metal.
3. She’s a huge science and sci-fi nerd.
The sheer pink is Zoya Olivia. I used three coats. I love all the crazy and exciting colors out there, but sometimes this is just the perfect polish for me.
The more elaborate manicure is Wet n Wild Black Creme with rhinestones (no brand) painstakingly applied to the tips. I was inspired by some of the jewel-encrusted outfits in Dolce & Gabbana’s Spring 2012 collection.
1. She loves color and experimenting with new techniques and ideas when it comes to her makeup.
2. She reads a lot and will pretty much read anything she can get her hands on.
3. She’s describes herself as a girly punk chick. She loves pink, purple, tattoos, piercings and loud music.
NYX Jumbo Pencil in Milk
Fyrinnae’s BiFrost- inner corner
Sugarpill’s Absinthe- all over lid and blended out in crease
Linnaeus Cosmetic’s Ru Blu- waterline
MUA Cosmetic’s Shade 16- highlight under brow
Maybelline Falsies- blackest black
Maybelline Line Stiletto eyeliner- blackest black
1. Her nail polish addiction started October 2010. Her nails used to grow fast, but she would get dirt under them really easy too. Nail polish seemed like a good solution!
2. She loves to tell dreams she had and loves to listen to people tell their dreams.
3. She’s addicted to milk! 1 day no milk = grumpy, mean
For my base color I used Essence Multi Dimension – Midnight Rocker.
I sponged the following colors on top of it:
Miss Sporty Lasting Colour – nr. 30
Etos Effect Nails – nr. 09
China Glaze – Ahoy!
Catrice – Blues Brother Vol. II
Catrice – Forget Me Not!
Catrice – Lucky In Lilac
On top of it I used China Glaze – Fairy Dust
I used Poshe topcoat, but it shrunk my polish I think.
In the second picture I used Gosh Matt Effect topcoat.
Who: Daily Polish
1. She moved to London from California almost 7 years ago and she’s in LOVE. She could never move back!
2. The London mid-season sales are starting and she’s desperately trying to not spend her whole paycheque at her favourite store, Whistles. She can only shop there during sale season (it’s soooo expensive!) but they have the best clothes. Work appropriate but fun and pretty…and great non work clothes also!
3. She always get super jealous when I put up pictures of my amazing cats (awww sorry Sara!). She used to have cats growing up and her mum has dogs back in California but she’s not even allowed to have a fish at her current flat! She thinks one day she’ll somehow get home after accidentally having stolen someone’s pet…just like Tina Fey stole a baby in 30 Rock! She has a soft spot for all things fuzzy and adorable. She can’t wait to move to a new place and get 2 cats (because if you get one it will get lonely! [her rationalisation for 2 ]
In the first photo I am wearing Chanel Fauvre and Boots No7 ‘Lovely’ lipstick [this is a great my lips but better shade!] (and Daniel Sandler retexturising primer and ByTerry Eclat de Rose tinted mosituriser) and showing off my awesome hair colour (I’m counting down the days to getting it redone!)
The nails photos is a Shellac I just had done. It’s Hotski to Tchotchke with different foils layered on top in a scattered pattern then covered over with acetone to age it. I’m obsessed! (My “holiday” manicure because my Mum was in town!)
1. She loves cooking.
2. She loves reading.
3. She loves creating mad manis.
China Glaze 108 Degrees
Thanks to all who sent in photos this time around!
How about showing these talented ladies some comment love?
- The photos must be at least 500 pixels wide and no more than 600 pixels long. Please submit two photos from different angles (or different colors, etc.)
- They do not need to be nail pictures. I would love some eye, lip, face, hair, whatever looks also!
- Photos must be clear and color accurate. By clear I mean no pics from a camera phone, no blurriness, but it doesn’t have to be HD. By color accurate I just mean try taking the photo in the best light you can. Nothing washed out or so dark you can’t see it.
- No Photoshopped photos please. You can use it for very minor things like a eliminating piece of stray cat hair *ahem* but I prefer “as is” photos.
- No watermarks or any writing on your photos please.
- I would like photos that haven’t already been showcased already on your blog or elsewhere.
- If you submit nails photos, I really prefer natural nails (no acrylics).
- Include a list of products used and if relevant, how you used them for the look.
- If you have a blog or YouTube channel, etc., please let me know what it is so I can link back to it.
- Tell me three things about yourself that you want people to know. Can be anything!
- Please be aware that I try to only feature cruelty-free brands (and brands not owned by companies who do test). See the list here if you are unsure.
- Please submit to me by the 20th of each month for posting the following week.
- Submissions should be sent to me in one email at: firstname.lastname@example.org.