If you are a fan of sheer, yet very shimmery lip gloss with that *tingly* plumping feeling, then you just might fall in love with Hard Candy’s Plumping Serum Volumizing Lip Gloss.
When I first laid eyes on these I was GIDDY with excitement because the colors inside the tubes just looked spectacular. I was really hoping they wouldn’t be too sheer since they didn’t say “sheer” on the tube, but alas, they were.
Don’t get me wrong, I actually still like them. Let’s find out why.
- The tube-style packaging is my favorite kind for lip gloss. It feels sturdy and kind of “weighty” which I like
- You get a good amount in each tube (.10 oz)
- The price is right at around $4.65
- The colors (at least the ones I purchased) are all very pretty
- You get good shine and shimmer
- They look good over pink/purple lipsticks, which is how I have been wearing them. It just adds some moisture, shine and dimension 🙂
What’s not to like?
- They are billed as plumping, but I saw no noticeable difference. I didn’t expect it anyway, I have yet to see a lip gloss that actually plumped my lips
- They do tingle a little, which isn’t bad but I prefer no tingle
- They are very sheer
- They have a slight plasticky taste to them
- They don’t last more than 2 hours or so
- They are slightly on the sticky side, though not as sticky as say MAC Lipglass
They do come in about twelve different colors, so who knows, maybe those ones are less sheer than these.
Pink Lady, Life Preserver, Dunes, Jellyfish, Cake Walk
Pink Lady is a cotton candy pink with pink shimmer
Life Preserver is a raspberry pink with bright pink shimmer
Dunes is mauve/pink with blue shimmer
Jellyfish is a bright purple with blue shimmer
Cake Walk is a baby pink with blue and pink shimmer
Some of these with the blue shimmer almost have a duochrome effect going on, which I totally love. But it is subtle.
My favorite ones here are Jellyfish, Dunes and Cake Walk, probably because they are the most interesting with the blue shimmer.
I would recommend these to anyone who likes sheer colors or just wants something to layer over something else. These definitely will not give you much color if you use them on their own. Let’s keep our fingers crossed that Hard Candy comes out with come super cool OPAQUE glosses soon!
What say you about these?
In Other News
Right about now I am headed to the Fairmont Hotel in San Francisco for High Tea with a friend. It’s the one made famous in the night-time soap opera Hotel from the Aaron Spelling show in the 80’s. I’ve actually never been there, which is hard to believe because I love SF hotels, so I plan on taking tons of pictures! I’m sure it looks amazing for the holidays. 🙂